Healthy Lives, Healthy People
What are they intending to do about it?
- £135m Lottery investment in a Mass Participation & Community Sport legacy programme
- Ring-fenced public health funding from with the overall NHS budget - estimated to be around £4billion spend
- Work to influence the Public, Private and Voluntary sectors.
So, what will happen?
- Working with employers to unleash their potential as champions of public health
- Businesses must take more responsibility for the impact of their practices on people’s health and wellbeing.
- Employers from all sectors should look to support the health and wellbeing of their staff
- Employers will be encouraged to work with only accredited occupational health service providers, and seek preventative interventions
- “Fit Note” - allows your doctor to provide you with more information on how your condition affects your ability to work
- “Fit for Work Service” - advice on tackling the causes of non-work related stress; occupational health support; planning a manageable return to work .
- “Change 4 Life” - Eat Well, Move More, Live Longer
- “Workplace Wellbeing Tool” - FREE online resource designed to help you to improve the health and well-being of people in your organisation